Tuesday, August 25, 2009

A fresh start.

"Let each person lead the life that the Lord has assigned to him, and to which God has called him." 1 Corinthians 7:17

The beginning of another school year is upon us. This year I know that God is going to be doing some incredible things. At least that is my prayer every morning.

I have finally figured out why God placed me in Birmingham this summer. I was listening to a sermon from my pastor at my home church one Tuesday night. It was about John the Baptist. God completely isolated John the Baptist to prepare him for his ministry. It was in that isolation that John the Baptist learned about his calling and God prepared him for that during this time. This summer I believe I was John the Baptist. Instead of being in the desert, I was in Birmingham. This summer God really worked in my life, you can read more about that in my first journal, and truly spoke to me.

I have had this constant thought about getting involved with Young Life this school year. I don't know if that is my ministry that God has prepared me for. I was active in it all through high school and have many friends who are currently involved with it at other Universities. I've talked to my old leaders about it and a few friends here and at other colleges who are involved. I've come to the conclusion that it's going to be very time consuming. I am not sure about my school work. I am a Junior this year and am approaching all my upper level Science classes. Like I said in the beginning, I know God is going to be doing something amazing this school year. I know he will be working through me to others. I pray for that to happen everyday. I am requesting that you also pray for me. Pray for this decision, my school work, and time management.

My challenge to you is to question yourself: How is God going to use you this school year? How can you live to serve Him?

No comments:

Post a Comment