Saturday, October 10, 2009

Protection.

The Lord is my rock, my fortress, and my savior; my God is my rock, in whom I find protection. He is my shield, the power that saves me, and my place of safety. He is my refuge, my savior, the one who saves me from violence. I called on the Lord, who is worthy of praise.
- 2 Samuel 22:2-45

There is nothing like God's protection.

Yesterday I was driving home from Samford to just visit some family that was in town. I knew there was going to be bad weather once I hit the state line. I didn't know how bad until around mile 20. The weather was raining and then would stop and then it would pour again.
I get around mile 15 or so and it had just stopped raining. I then prayed that God would protect me through this storm. I asked him to put his right hand over my car and to just guide my car. I was going about 73 mph when the bottom fell out again, naturally I stepped on the brake so slow down a bit. When I did my car hydroplaned. I turned my car into the swerve. My car swerved into the right lane, kept on turning and then went into the grass and my trunk hit a rock cliff wall thing. At that time, I kept going and my car then turned again so that the drivers side was up against the wall.

I sat there for a minute and didn't really know what to do. I tried to get out of the drivers side but was unable to open the door. I crawled out of the passengers side and just stood there in shock. Luckily a red truck and an Army hummer stopped to help. I called my mom and the whole family came to Giles Co. to come find me. In the mean time, I had also called 9-1-1 to get checked out. The EMT's took me to the ER to have x-rays on my neck. I layed on that dumb backboard for a good 2.5 hrs.

Anyways, it turns out I have cranial spinal strain. A.k.a. severe whiplash. I have to wear a soft collar for a week.
I know God was truly watching over me. I didn't have a scratch or a bruise anywhere on me. Once you see pictures of the wreck you will have no idea how I only walked away with "whiplash". There wasn't a car in the right lane either so no one else was hurt. I knew God had his hand on my car and guided me safely to the side of the road.
Here's another cool thing:
A family friend called me this morning to check in on me. She told me that yesterday her school had a pep rally. She had to get things done for her class so she didn't attend it. Instead she went to make copies. She started to make copies when the copier started to freak out. It was blinking and saying WARNING DANGER AT LINE 220. She didn't think anything about it at the time. When I told her about my wreck, she asked about what time it had happened. I said around 2:20. She then told me the whole story. Isn't that just so incredible?

God does protect his children. He places His strong right hand on us. As 2 Samuel states, He is my shield and my protection. God was my shield. I didn't get a scratch, the air bags didn't deploy. He deserves all the praise for keeping me safe.

Here are some pictures from the wreck:










My back windshield was completely smashed out. My bumper fell off and was later placed into my back window. The left tail light is still on the side of the road. My front bumper got knocked off on the drivers side.
Trust in God's protection, cause He will deliver. He will be ahead of you in your paths and will never abandon you.
"Do not be afraid or discouraged, for the Lord will personally go ahead of you. He will be with you; he will neither fail you nor abandon you.” -Deut. 31:8

No comments:

Post a Comment