Sunday, August 21, 2011

How deep the Father's Love for Us.

This morning at church we sang the song How deep the Father's love for us. As I was singing, I was instantly filled with extreme guilt and sincere love all at the same time. I stopped and realized what I was actually singing...

How deep the Father's love for us,
How vast beyond all measure
That He should give His only Son
To make a wretch His treasure

What a wretch I am. I am by no means perfect. I am a sinner. But God's love for us is beyond ANY sin, ANY wretch. His love is so pure and so honest. God wants me, a wretch, nasty person, HIS treasure.

How great the pain of searing loss,
The Father turns His face away
As wounds which mar the chosen One,
Bring many sons to glory

God's ONLY Son, Jesus, took the most pain that anyone could EVER imagine. So that I, YOU, can have glory.

Behold the Man upon a cross,
My sin upon His shoulders
Ashamed I hear my mocing voice,
Call out among the scoffers

Jesus on the cross, for me. But yet so many times I am mocking Him. I get angry with God and don't realize the ultimate gift that He gave for me. I literally think of the movie, The Passion, with all those people yelling names at Jesus and not believing what He is about to do. I picture myself there with those people at times when I have the opportunity to tell other's about the WONDERFUL sacrifice that Jesus gave for me, but instead I just fall into the sin of the world. I decide to not talk about him. I laugh when God presents plans that didn't fit my own, not realizing that in the end it's HIS plans that will overcome and will be THE BEST FOR ME.

It was my sin that held Him there
Until it was accomplished
His dying breath has brought me life
I know that it is finished

It was MY sin that put Him on that cross. He did all that for ME. He did all of that for YOU. But I am so overjoyed, that although He suffered and died, I HAVE LIFE, ETERNAL LIFE.


I will not boast in anything
No gifts, no power, no wisdom
But I will boast in Jesus Christ
His death and resurrection

I want this to be my goal. The things of this world will come and will go, but my relationship with Jesus is ETERNAL, NEVER ENDING.

Why should I gain from His reward?
I cannot give an answer
But this I know with all my heart
His wounds have paid my ransom

There is no reason why me, a sinner, a wretch, should gain from all Jesus had to go through. BUT God's love for us is so strong, so empowering, so unconditonal, that HE DID IT TO BRING ME, TO BRING YOU LIFE! ETERNAL LIFE! JESUS' WOUNDS HAS PAID MY RANSOM.

AMEN!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment